Monday, August 16, 2010

Turning My Back on Everything


Furriends, I am just not happy today. My morning was very traumatic. I can't even talk about it, so I'm turning this over to my Mom.

The Mom: Toby went in for a check up today. Last year he went to a different vet who said he had pancreatitis, which of course was very upsetting. This year's vet is a much better diagnostician; she compared this morning's bloodwork to last year's. Toby does not and has never had pancreatitis. He does have a very sensitive stomach, which he's always had. The previous elevated levels were due to his stress over the stray kittens we were fostering.

However, he gained almost four pounds from last year. I was shocked to hear that. I thought we were doing so well on the Evo, and both cats did lose weight. Which he obviously gained back, and then some. He's now 22.5 pounds. The vet is researching the best option for both weight loss and sensitive tummies.

But, I'm just so very grateful that he doesn't have a terrible illness!!! Toby did have a tough visit; he was so scared. He's just a cat who is sensitive all over.

12 comments:

  1. Toby, we are so glad to hear this vet said you didn't and never had pancreatitis. We hope you can find the purrfect food for you!

    We are a big fan of EVO also Natural Balance and Blue Spa. Maya and Chevelle have very sensitive tummies and didn't do well on those foods. Mom decided to try them on Royal Canin Special 33. Mom was NOT a fan of the ingredients, but it is the only food that keeps their tummies happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toby, I am sorry you had such a horrible V-E-T visit, but glad that you don't have pancrea-whatsis. Hopefully you will soon recover your blogging Voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toby I'm so sorry you had an upsetting morning at the vet, but very happy to hear that you do not have pancreatitis!!!

    You just relax and have a quiet day and take solace in the fact that you don't have to back for another whole year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vet said Noll I pancrea-whatsis when he was sick several months back and that was upsetting. I still think it was constipation that stressed him out and made his levels go up. Glad Toby doesn't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, we are thrilled Toby doesn't have pancreatitis. But four pounds? Poor Toby, we bet you are gonna have to *gasp* diet. Mommy put all of us on canned food earlier in the year and we have all trimmed down. We eat Friskies and Fancy Feast, and a few (very few!) crunchies for a treat in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are very glad that Toby doesn't have pancreatitis. I have a sensitive tummy too and the vet suggested Royal Canin Sensitive 33 and I was much better eating it. The only problem was that even though I have always been a big cat, I was getting even bigger eating it, probably because I wasn't barfing all the time. I am not allowed to have anything with wheat gluten in it or beef and it's derivatives so mum looked at the ingredients on wet food labels and found a food that I enjoy and that doesn't upset my tummy. I have lost 2 1/2 lbs since I stopped having dried food. I am now 20 1/2 lbs down from 23lbs.
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  7. pee-ess
    We have noticed that our photo doesn't show with our comments on your blog and a couple of others we visit. Have you noticed a blank with anyone else instead of a photo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toby, I'm glad you're well and even was last year too!

    Don't fret too much about the gain--of the five of us, I'm the only one who's put weight on too. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor baby. And how cool you've found a great vet! Hoping Toby settles down with a pound of chicken and gets over his nervyness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Toby! I totally understand where you are coming from. Visits to the vet totally freak me out too. At least I am glad to know that you don't have pancreatitis after all - this new vet seems to have a better grip on what is going on with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Toby, we are so happy to hear you don't have pancreatits. And we hope you can find a food that doesn't bother your stomach but lets you lose a little weight too.

    ReplyDelete