Monday, April 13, 2015

Mancat Monday

You may have heard that recently, I had a bout with gimpiness. There's even a rumor going around that Mom LET me get to the top or the bottom of the stairs before her. I always do this - it's just a mancat thing, I gotta be first.

Well, let me tell you now - and I know which tiny tabby girl started this lie, by the way - that is NOT TRUE. I had only the tiniest amount of a limp, you could barely see it, and only if the light was just right. Nothing to fuss about at all. Ok, it is true that on the stairs with Mom recently, I was a trifle slower than usual but it's simply erroneous to say that Mom stopped entirely and waited for me to go first.


Now for a bit of a flashback story (no special reason, we just remembered it and wanted to share); when I first met Mom's sister, my Aunt, she stayed a few nights with us. They are a lot alike; that first night Auntie was sitting in the computer chair when I came up to her, stretched out to my full height, one paw on the chair arm - and I am a tall kitteh - and carefully reached out my paw to pet Auntie. Who was quite surprised but pleased to get this attention. She told my Mom all about it next day. (this was the pre-blogging era so we've never shared it before).

Happy Monday - and may you always be limp free!

12 comments:

  1. I LIKE TO RACE MOM ON THE STAIRS SOMETIMES. I ALWAYS BEAT HER EITHER WAY. SOMETIMES I EVEN SIT ON THE STAIRS..THEN SHE CALLS ME HER STEP KITTY.
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. You reached out a paw to your Auntie? HOW CUTE! Yup, peeps really love adorable stuff like that.

    Purrs,
    Nissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Mancats always need to be at the top of the stairs first! Yippee that someone else gets that! Hmm, we don't see any gimpiness at all there. Someone is spreading stories....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hope your paw is feeling better, Toby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, there's no way your mom could beat you, gimpiness or no gimpiness. We don't believe for a minute she "let" you win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just goes to show that you, Toby, are a gentlemanly cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toby, I like to race my mom on the stairs. In fact, she encourages me to beat her and I usually do. ~Wally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toby, we know that Mom did not let you win. Humans just get embarrassed that they can never beat us up the stairs. Just saying. :)

    We love that flashback story of yours, pal!

    Hugs!

    Moosey, Gracie and Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, what a sweet story! We need to try petting the humans!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Toby, how sweet that you "pet" Auntie! Hope your paw is all good, buddy.

    ReplyDelete